Thread: Discussion J-Power BlitzRCWorks F-16
View Single Post
Old Jul 04, 2013, 09:14 AM
Find More Posts by Cody f86saber
Pro Jet Pilot
Canada, NB
Joined Apr 2006
433 Posts

Nobody would ever guess that this airframe is three years old with over 100 flights on it. It is the original.

Last night I set up the FrSky ACCST 2.4GHz radio system. I plugged in the DFT module where the Spectra would normally insert, and I installed the V8RF-II receiver. The two short antennas exit on either side of the intake and are invisible to the eye during flight. Today, July 4 2013, I took my first uninterrupted flight on the power system. I didn't realize how much interference the switching BEC in the ESC was introducing until I revved up the new 2.4GHz system. The motor ran quieter and smoother, and more powerful without servo ticking noise. Apparently noise was modulating my throttle channel and subsequently reducing the power output. I did a test with the power meter and it pulled 532 Watts at 47 Amps on the freshly charged Nano-Tech 1300mAh 45-90C pack. I revved it up about 80% throttle and gave it a dart throw. The nose tipped up and I pressed down on the elevator stick to keep it from stalling. I flew for about 3 minutes at various throttle settings and the sound of the balanced fan is really nice. Half throttle is fast enough for a convincing flight. I then set it to high rates as I brought it in for a landing in the tall grass field.
Cody f86saber is offline Find More Posts by Cody f86saber