Find More Posts by jhi
jhi
Norway, Sogn og Fjordane, Naustdal
Joined Jun 2009
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Hi Jan,

See my prior post about the Vimeo site change for downloading a user's uploaded video. They no longer keep the original for a week like they used to, so it's a Vimeo re-encoding issue, not your processing! I just tested with one of my own clips upload two days ago and got the same garbage download. I now have to look into maybe using YouTube (ugh!)

FWIW, AviDemux can do a direct copy of the video into an MP4 container, but the audio stream must either be re-encoded (e.g. selecting MP3 output well) or deleted entirely (via the audio tab to turn off the source video). The latter option is much faster if you don't want the audio track.
Thank you, thank you!

I was just pulling your leg when I asked you to watch YouTube in 1080p, but it looked like turned out useful (I know how you felt about YouTube before). I realize now I have to be a Plus member to upload full HD to Vimeo. Are you a Plus member? Anyway - I think the YouTube 1080p quality is OK - next to original material.

Avidemux. I agree - it is a good, free program, but there is a learning curve (as always). I tried your tip - cropped and saved this 720p-60Hz video to a .mov file and disabling the source audio stream.
This may also contribute to the 720p-60Hz AOV discussion.
Does anybody know how YouTube is treating 60Hz material?

REC 0019 720p60Hz crop uten lyd (0 min 0 sec)

PS
Upload will be ready "soon"......

Regards Jan
jhi is offline Find More Posts by jhi
Last edited by jhi; Jun 27, 2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Added video link and question.