jhi
Find More Posts by jhi
jhi
Norway, Sogn og Fjordane, Naustdal
Joined Jun 2009
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Vimeo allows just one 1080p video (500 mb limit, I think) per week to be uploaded in their basic (free) hosting service. Any uploads after the first during the same week will be encoded in 720p mode. It renews every sat at midnight.

But more importantly, your sample is .MP4, not .MOV and it has obviously been edited and re-encoded before you uploaded to Vimeo. I D/L your original upload and found the data rate is only about 2500 kbps! An un-edited native video in 1080p Standard quality mode it should have about 15000 kbps data rate, 6 times greater than your edited version! I thought your lens might be out of focus, but hard to tell with such low data rate. Your scenery is GORGEOUS, but the video doesn't do it justice.
Hi Tom! Long time no see..

First - I am not an experienced Vimeo user, so please bear with me I tried to upload full 1080p, but got the understanding that it was only for Plus and PRO users, but 720p was OK, but only 1 (one) pr. week (I think). I'll try again when I have time..
Second: I used "Avidemux 2.6.4 (32-bit)" to crop the original video, and in order not to lose quality, made a COPY (selected "copy" for video output) and "AVI Muxer" for "Output Format" (only possible choice for me to avoid error messages). I noticed that Avidemux saved in an .AVI container, but checked the statistics from VLC media player (see attached) and it looked OK and I called it good. Also - the process took only a second, so no re-encoding could have happened. Maybe I need to install more codecs? Again I am no expert, but try to learn
Possibly - when I added music Vimeo did the re-encoding (pointing fingers )

EDIT
Found this in Vimeo FAQ section..
Is Vimeo HD the same as HDTV?
Vimeo presents HD in the 720p format, exactly the same resolution (1280720) used by major broadcast, cable, and satellite networks.
Plus and PRO users can also upload 1080p videos and have them play back in extra-high definition

EDIT EDIT
"Your scenery is GORGEOUS, but the video doesn't do it justice"
I added YouTube links to my first post for my first video plus a new clip - please try to watch i 1080p?

-Jan
jhi is offline Find More Posts by jhi
Last edited by jhi; Jun 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Added info