View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2004, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by nachman
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Nov 2002
288 Posts
BD-5 microjet attempt

Hi

First, this is the first airplane I'm trying to built that is not a kit, and I have only minor experiance in airplanes at all. But reading through this forum makes you feel you're gaining everyons else experience (at least the theroretical one ). It seems more appropiet to post it here and not in the jet section because it's going to be powerd by one or two 6mm pager motors.
The whole thing started when I found out that a prop I've made for another project and didn't match 4mm motors, actually works great with 6mm motors in a duct-fun arrangment. The BD-5 is one of my favorite airplane, so I decided to try and make one. I've started from a rubber powerd plain I found in RcGroups, made by Nick De Carlis and scaled it down. The wing was scaled 50% to 9.3" and the body 40%. I've made a 3D solid view in a CAD program with some changes and procided from there. I took many pictures along the way. I'll post some, and any building remark will be apricieted. The main frame came up 5.5grams havy and has to be rebuilt, this time with lighter balsa and minor changes, and should end up around 2.5 -3 grams. This model I'm going to use for test flights with motor control only.
nachman is offline Find More Posts by nachman