Find More Posts by jdoan
Akron, OH
Joined May 2001
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 99esq:
Here - look at this site:
http://www.ezonemag.com/disc/Forum3/HTML/000431.html

I just built mine, and I used packing tape for the hinges. Just make sure you REALLY bevel one side so the hinge gap is small. I think my gap is too big.

Also, I put two servos in the wings so I could have flaps. They say this flies fast and takes a large field to land. Thus, flaps should help me land in my medium sized field.

I haven't flown mine yet, but I'll post information when I do. I'm about 2 days away from finishing construction. All I have left are building the battery pack, installing the motor, ESC, and receiver!

Anyone have tips on building a first battery pack?

I would make sure you have a soldering iron of at least 40 watts and make sure the tip is of larger diameter. If you try to solder with the stock tips of most soldering pencils, you will never heat the tabs/batteries enough to get a good connection. I often use a bit of hot glue to hold the cells in their final pack shape before I begin soldering tabs. That helps with planning the orientation of each battery. NEVER USE ACID CORE SOLDER!! Make sure it is rosin core. Be sure to clean excess rosin from battery tops after an good solder connection has been made. That stuff is corrosive!
jdoan is offline Find More Posts by jdoan