View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2004, 05:35 PM
Find More Posts by John Z
jollyroger
Central Lake, Mi.
Joined Nov 2002
1,025 Posts
Goldberg Eagle 2

Very good article. I've been flying mine since last year, first with an Astro C25G and 16 cells and then last week tried it with Model Electronics new BL 36-40 and super box at 4.7:1 ratio, 14X12 APCE prop and 16 GP 3300 cells. I converted it to a tail dragger and used a UBEC for radio power. Takeoff was very smooth with plenty of power and duration although at first I used an old Panasonic 3000Nimh was around 6 or 7 minutes. With the GP 3300 power was up as was the duration.
I then switched the motor system to a Mega 22/30/3 with innerdriven box at 3:1 ratio 14X12 prop and again 16 GP 3300 cells. I also used the UBEC for radio power. Now it leaps into the air and can climbstraight up! I generally takeoff at half throttle. It flies as though it has a .60 on it. I cruise around below half throttle and haven't timed it but it is better than previous system.
I won't be using this system next year as it is going into a Goldberg Tiger 2 with an MEC box.
Maybe I'll try the Pasor 45-3 next year. Right now I'm having too much funn with this system. Cheers. John z
John Z is offline Find More Posts by John Z