View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2002, 03:55 PM
Find More Posts by KillerAir
Plane dodger
Stratford Sikorsky, Connecticut, United States
Joined Dec 2001
6,715 Posts
Hey Guys thought I'd share a few things that I have used.
Regular house paint gloss waterbase was used with great success on the geebee. I also used "craft" type acrylics that come in a small squeeze bottle. There are tons of colors to choose from and if your have any artistic abilities(which I know most of you do ) you can mix colors to tone some of the brights down. Walmart carries most of these paints for crafts or stenciling.

I am also in the process of painting my P51 which was coated with glass and polycrylic(Minwax) and sprayed with dull silver rustoleum....DON'T USE THIS. it melted some of the foam after penetrating through the poly......BIG MISTAKE. Thank god I was only appling light coats and were it got heavy is were the trouble began. Iwas able to fix it and will now only use acrylic and testos master model colors for accent and trim.
I will post some pics of the P51 tomorrow.

For panel line I use a sharpie marker But I also have access to ArtMarkers(Sometimes it pays to be a Artist)

Once I get my new shop I will start airbrushing all of my models...better finish and I use to be and airbrush artist for a living so I have to use those skills somewhere
Keep 'em flyin

Killer
KillerAir is offline Find More Posts by KillerAir