Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
Oh, i thought the 16 and 26 came from the same factory / seller

I love my #16 , can you PM me the link to your post about the 1080 #16 that's coming ?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic View Post
Judging from the sample movies, looks like the new #24 (from the #16 developer) will be better than this...

Look at the corners, very poor focus.
People are getting confused. There never was an "official" #24 (the naming convention comes from ChuckLohr.com/808). Someone posted the sample from THIS #26 camera and called it #24 for some reason. The #26 designation was later agreed to between the developer and Chuck Lohr, even though this camera has a considerably larger case in the same style as the small 808 cameras.

The #18 and #16 developers originally worked together to develop the #11, but then went their separate ways and developed the #18 and #16 cameras, which now compete for the same market. The #16 developer will have a new 1080 camera ready for release shortly. The case will be approximately the same overall dimensions, but will have it's own unique case design. I do not expect it to have a number designation like the #26 for that reason.

Anyone interested in seeing a sample video from the #16 developer's 1080p camera can go to my #16 thread in this aerial photography forum and do a thread search for "1080". My post with the video link to the sample will be in the first several posts.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank