View Single Post
Old Apr 05, 2013, 11:28 PM
Find More Posts by AlanGold
Joined Oct 2012
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimat View Post
I liked what I saw and fixed what I didn't like - which is why I bought this frame. The battery tray was too short so I cut a longer one. Its getting a brushless gimbal installed next. Not many other frames allow the same flexibility.
Hi Altimat. I kind of impulsively ordered the gimbal today for my Disco since they said only 15 could be pre-ordered for shipment - possibly in 2 weeks. And I also ordered the Spidex V2 frame just in case I can't mount the gimbal to the Disco and need to use parts from the Spidex V2 frame.

But I really have no idea how good this frame is since I didn't check it out in advance and of course I am just going on photos and that one flight video to judge the gimbal. I may end up moving everything from the Disco to that frame. If I can somehow come up with a good and simple way to attach the gimbal to my Disco without using parts from the frame, I guess I'll put the frame up for sale.

So first, what do you think of the frame?

Anyway, I see you replaced a lot of screws and the foam bushings, etc. If it is not too much trouble, please tell me what you think I should get so I can be ready when my frame and gimbal arrive.
AlanGold is online now Find More Posts by AlanGold