View Single Post
Old Apr 03, 2013, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by Rejean Boucher
Joined Nov 2004
95 Posts
Higher Frame rate input

Would there be any issues with in-putting a higher pulse frequency other then the usual 50 Hz that originates from a RX to the servo header pin connection of a flight control board? I have been flying a V2.1 HK board with Tri-Copter 2.9 firmware from Minsoo Kim and have slaved in the Guardian 2D/3D auto leveling feature. I will eventually get a dedicated board for this task but for the time being I've elected to use what I had on hand and I was satisfied with my past experiences with my mini quad and the FY-20A module for auto-leveling.
However, my EagleTree Guardian module is not performing the emergency recovery phase to level state fast enough regardless of my gain settings and staying just shy of oscillations. The module has the feature of user selectable pulse frequency output from 50 Hz - 400 HZ, hence by question can the board's hardware/firmware handle higher pulse on the servo input side vice what is normally generated from a RX? My Tri-copter utilises a digital servo but only my aileron & elevator leads are being fed thru the input side of the guardian module, the tail servo is going as per normal straight to flight control board and thus the board is receiving signal directly from the RX and thus my tempering with pulse rate wont affect tail servo.
Rejean Boucher is offline Find More Posts by Rejean Boucher