View Single Post
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by Felipe79
Mexico, QRO, Santiago de Querétaro
Joined Feb 2012
36 Posts
Hi Bert,

i got those results doing this,

the distance from center of rotorshaft to blade grip screw is 72mm. From there to cog of blade 3 for example, is 218.5mm. So total distance is 290.5mm. Multiplying that with the weight of 40.1gr i get 11649.05. With this you get momentum, right? maybe the units are wrong?

The first pic shows blades 1,2 and 3. Balanced, with cog practically at same place, weight of 40.1gr. Just have to add a piece of electrical tape of 0.3 gr to blade 1 and 2.

Second pic shows blade 3 on top as reference for cog, and below is blade 4 and 5. This two have their cog to the right of the cog of b3 at a dist. of 5mm. The two marks on b4 and b5 show their real cog at the right, and the mark on left is where the cog should be to match b3 cog.

On 3rd pic is b4 on the balancer, with added weight to match the cog of b3. I have to add 4 pieces of tape as shown in the pic.

On 4th image show the weight of b4 with the added tape. Now is 40.8gr. So i will have to add two pieces of tape to b1,2 and 3 to match weight. All blades with tape on them, that doesnt look nice.

I will try your suggestion of adding a clear coat. How much weight you think will add a layer on the tip zone?

Thanks.
Felipe79 is offline Find More Posts by Felipe79