View Single Post
Old Mar 08, 2013, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by Prof100
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,804 Posts
ET has to make a reasonably priced product for the broadest market. Mac operating systems would be nice but darn, the everyday, common system is a PC. I have both PCs and Mac products. To MAC and iphone users go buy a used Netbook for $75 and load the Guardian program. There is only so much room in a chip for operating functionality, Likewiase, the No. 16 HD keycam has requests to support different operating systems but the developer has to make a choice for firmware use and upgrades.

Regarding requiring a more sophisticated radio I say suck it up and buy one. I have Guardians running with a DX7 (one spare 3 position switch) and a DX6i where slaving switches still permits 3D-2D and off. Neither had a proportional slider or knob so I sucked it up and bought a DX8. That said, as one progresses with more and more complex planes and features you have to move up on your radio setup or forget the added features. I have FMS T28 with 4 channels plus flaps and retracts (6 channels AR6200). I also added a MRC sound system which really likes a spare channel to slave the throttle and sound system together to sync the sound. Unfortunately, I am out of channels. A plus, is Mr RC sound is making a new board that will only require a Y connection to the throttle.

Would I like to add a Guardian, yes, but there is no room in radio so I used a simple Eagle A3 3 axis gyro. My point is if every added accessory I wanted was installed I could easily use a 10-12 channel radio and receiver. But, it will have to wait.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100