View Single Post
Old Mar 08, 2013, 04:42 PM
Find More Posts by FinnCat
Joined May 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Re a mobile app, we started work on the hardware adapter to support this some time ago, but it is going slowly due to other project priorities. It doesn't get as many requests as I would have expected, though. Are others interested in this capability?
I would welcome a mobile app for Android, absolutely. This is the future that is already here.
(I'm currently using Andropilot to record live telemetry data from a flying plane (equipped with APM and 433MHz telemetry) to mobile phone's sd card, a genial system that works like a charm and makes me smile every time I use it . APM has autopilot but I still rely Guardian on top of everything to save the plane if things go out of control. )

I don't like carrying laptops (that are mostly designed for indoor use) in the field if the only purpose is to adjust some simple parameters, a job that would suit ideally to modern mobiles or tablets. For Guardian, h/w exists already (=USB port), the only thing needed is a mobile app. Shouldn't be too difficult to make, I guess, but would add definitely the product value even for the existing units.
FinnCat is offline Find More Posts by FinnCat