View Single Post
Old Mar 08, 2013, 01:48 PM
Find More Posts by WI53072
United States, WI, Pewaukee
Joined May 2006
147 Posts
Hey Rem,

I am in the same boat with this plane. I am in the discovery phase of going electric and have much to learn. Where did you get your plane? I see tower has it for the same price as last month still. I want to keep it simple as well with a single battery and really like the Eflite line since I have several of them already.

Presently I have a Hanger 9 RV8 that I installed the "electric" option on last year. However in doing so, I had to opt for the Power 52 on that model as the power 46 motor was on perma back-order at the time. That plane is powered with a 25C 5S 4000 maH Gens Ace LIPO pack. It really flies quite well at 1/2 throttle and 10 minute flights are a breeze. Nice plane.

I suppose if I have to go 6 cells, then the power 90 is the way to go. I just really like the idea of picking up several more 5 cell batteries like I already have maybe at a greater maH rating and being able to use them in the Waco or the RV8. And the latter more preferable option would require that I go whith the Rim Fire 1.20.

Paul
WI53072 is offline Find More Posts by WI53072