View Single Post
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by Rem Fodder
Radio-active flyer
Canada, ON, Port Hope
Joined Apr 2012
1,422 Posts
Hi Paul, I just recieved my kit today in the mail. Like you I wish go electric for this model. I have spent a bit of time looking at different power options that are easily available to me. If I can, going with a single stick of 5 or 6 cells would be much more preferrable than series connecting a couple of packs. The E-Flite 110 I'm sure would power this kit to the stratosphere, I'm just not keen on the 8 cell thing, and using the P-90, I have a few doubts about sufficient power. The Scorpion line looks promising, in particular the S40-25 with 14 or 16 turns of motor winding. Peak output is aorund 2000 watts on 6 cells. I still have some more research to do before I choose a power system.

When I received the kit today I had a nervous feeling about a gouge in the box, however upon inspection all was OK inside. The only negative is I will need to spend some time, actually a lot of time, taking out the wrinkles in the MonoKote. The entire model has them, and it has been a very long time since I last used a covering iron and heat gun. I susupect that this kit had been sitting in the wharehouse for a while as it was a clearance priced item. Can't complain really, the savings were enough that I can pick up a motor and still come under full list price of the basic kit.

Rem
Rem Fodder is offline Find More Posts by Rem Fodder