Thread: Build Log Ziroli DC 3
View Single Post
Old Mar 07, 2013, 05:26 PM
Find More Posts by Martin5465
United States, TX, Haltom City
Joined Mar 2013
781 Posts
Twinwar, I know about the crappy weather you have up north. I'm originally from the other end of NY (Buffalo/ & Grand Island). But in some ways you have more flying weather than us in Texas. Around here it is VERY windy quite a bit of the time. Can't really fly anything small. Now as for your advice about bellcranks.........the original Ziroli plans show two options, 2 servos or one servo and bellcranks/push rods. As much as I hate to tear out all the work I've done and put two servos in each wing, I guess that's the way I'll have to go. One good thing about that is that I tend to "over engineer" my building efforts. I seem to take something simple and complicate it, so converting to two servos might be doable. How strong would you suggest? I had a single 130 oz. installed but two of them seem to be overkill. On the other hand, there isn't much weight difference in a lesser strength servo is there? My over engineering tendencies and seeing your rivets makes me think I'll go that way too. I have a lot of irons in the fire but as soon as I can learn how to post pics I'll start doing so. Thanks for the info on the props...............
Martin5465 is offline Find More Posts by Martin5465