View Single Post
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:22 PM
Find More Posts by davidterrell80
UM-to-60-inch fixed wing
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
4,639 Posts
I worked on the Knight most of the day, probably investing 7 hours on the plane. I worked at my high table so I could stand for the exercise.

The snow has stopped but the weather guessers are saying snow showers until midnight. The temperatures are above freezing and not expected to dip down but for a few hours, just before dawn. I hope that means the wet will not turn into ice.

But I was able to complete the majority of the fuselage structure. I still need to add some sheeting to the upper fuselage, where the wing attaches. I'm planning to attach the wings to the fuselage and, then cut them away with the top-central part of the fuselage. That will form an integral hatch that will allow me to remove the wing and gain access to the electronics and servos.

The structure is almost all 1/8-inch balsa, with 1/1-inch sheeting in the forward panels, inside the gussets.

I also need to add the bamboo skewer to the leading edge of the elevator, which will allow me to remove the material between the elevator halves.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member