View Single Post
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by davidterrell80
UM-to-60-inch fixed wing
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
4,639 Posts
Thank you Pete, I'm honored to have you speak so. I was fortunate enough to meet Bill Hannan when I was 18, back in 1976... oh my, that's a while ago, when I think of it. He and his wife were very kind to a young modeler and I've enjoyed building several of his plans.

I'm waiting for the February 2013 issue of Flying Scale Models to get to the local hobby shop, so I get the second page of your AirCamper plans. I've looked at your work and have a great respect for you designs. I only wish I had the space to store larger models once I built them.

30 years ago, I had dreams of building a "real" AirCamper and had purchased plans and several partial kits for wing and tail surfaces. The birth of a child with medical problems put that dream and my modeling on hold until about 20 months ago. I've renewed my modeling... and in 4 or 5 years, God willing, I might attempt to build a man-carrying aircraft. In the meanwhile, your beautiful design might temporally "scratch that itch."

The Washington DC area is closed down due to a significant snow storm. I've decided to surge this build and try completing the airframe in a single day. I've completed the fuselage sides and rudder/fin before lunch. I plan to frame the fuselage and build the elevator/stabilizer before dinner, and have the wing finished before bedtime.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member