Thread: Discussion Pylon stickers on wing
View Single Post
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by I Marauderer
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Oct 2008
350 Posts
I started racing again in 08 and have been going to 8-12 races a year. I have heard about the lighter fluid method and about a zillion other methods to protect and remove stickers from the wing. I hadn't heard of the RainX until Dale mentioned that. I have yried a few of them but, I have found if i just wait until I get home and crank up the old heat gun and soften the sticker glue a bit they always come off with a minimum amount of hassle and no problems. I am sure that one of the sticker companies adhesive worked great with the lighter fluid method but "Mr. Murphy" be a very close acquaintance of mine the sticker adhesive that I was trying to soften never worked. I look forward to trying the RainX but I do worry about the sticker coming off before I am through racing especially if the is a flyoff and I need to change sticker colors asap. I have a race in two weeks and I will be trying something different or just take my big marine battery and 1500 watt inverter and have the heat gun in my pit area.
I Marauderer is offline Find More Posts by I Marauderer