Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:56 AM
Find More Posts by OldOz
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolivy View Post
Thanks, a f45 head looks very easy to do, all i am worried is how easy/hard for the f45 head assembly to be mounted on say example hk450 GT (i thinks its belt driven).
The HK I linked is probably the best value for money, in my opinion. But almost any clone will do.
There are only three basic problems with mounting the F45 head on an Align 450 compatible body.
1) The shaft adaptor. The standard Align main shaft is 5mm: the F45 is 6mm. You'll need an appropriate sleeve approx 4cm long
2) The antirotation bracket. Again, the one I linked works well (anchored with epoxy glue and hot glue).
3) IF using F45 Rx/Tx and servos: a) The linkages have to be extended (but plenty of bits in the clone kits), and b) the ali/roll servo will be reversed in function, when mounted in the only sensible place. This is no biggie, you can reverse 2 wires in the Tx: or use an Align servo, which is reversed anyway.
A minor problem also to mount the tail rotor - just use about 3 cm of the existing boom wrapped in tape inserted into the (shortened) 450 boom.

If using a 6ch Rx/Tx, can reverse in the Tx, so np there: and use the tail rotor that came with the kit. Have to disable swash mixing, of course.

It's not a trivial project, but well documented now. There's also pictures of various 450 conversions through this thread, and also on the main F45 thread.
Cheers
John.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
Last edited by OldOz; Feb 23, 2013 at 05:02 AM.