View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:32 AM
Find More Posts by nolivy
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Arrowshooter and I have been working on FP450s for quite a while now, and I'd think he'd agree with me that there is NO one correct answer to this question!

You can go all the way from my 'minimal' approach (post 48) to his fully BL (and FBL) solution: and all the steps along the way, each of which might be the best for some pilots/flying environments. By and large, it all depends on what you were wanting it for, and what your flying environment was. Even then, your needs could change with your skill level.

But - as I said in an earlier post - probably IMO the 'best' compromise solution is a F45 head, a 6ch Tx/Rx, a HK (or other) FB clone frame, and a belt tail. Seems pretty bombproof, and flies well in a big backyard or small park. And could be easily upgraded to CP if you decided later to go down that road.

If you've a much bigger area, Arrow's FBL solution just above would have to be a winner. Think all helis will be FBL in a couple of years, anyway.
Cheers
John

Thanks, a f45 head looks very easy to do, all i am worried is how easy/hard for the f45 head assembly to be mounted on say example hk450 GT (i thinks its belt driven).
nolivy is offline Find More Posts by nolivy