View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by Swilson50
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,095 Posts
Success

After trying every combination I could think of, I got it flying.
First, if you have spektrum/JR, match up your normal/reverse switches with the little graphic on page 7 of the manual. Basically, Throttle, Aileron, Elevator and Gear are ALL REVERSE. Only the Rudder is NORMAL.

Then, plug in the DSC port first, and then the other plug. You have 10 seconds to connect the battery to the Qbot.
IT BOUND!

I found that after it bound the first time, it didn't go through the blinking lights. It bound immediately.

FLYING IMPRESSIONS!
Holy smoke. I was worried that the flexible blades might be too soft. Not so, it responds to throttle instantly. You can yo-yo it like mad...but who wants to yo-yo their quad.
The first time I got 6 inches off the floor it did a aileron flip. I swear I only gave it minimal control. So, I set expo to 30 and 70 for control and it's still a tiger by the tail. I'm flying in my family room because it's dark outside and it's 15 degrees.

Sorry, but that's all I've got at this point. We've still got 12 inches of snow, so it may be a while before I put it through it's paces.
Swilson50
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is online now Find More Posts by Swilson50