Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:28 PM
Find More Posts by OldOz
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
I don't fully understand the 90deg/45deg flybar thing.Why does, say, my MJX F-45 have a 45deg flybar and not a flybar at 90deg?I understand what you are saying about the fragility aspect.When you say it handles crappier,do I take it to mean you've actually had a go at this,or have you just seen a video.I can,on a calm day,hover my F-45 30 feet up in the air and take my hands off the controls for what seems like ages,and it hardly moves from the spot.This would be nice to achieve with a 450 clone or suchlike.
Scarlet -
90 deg flybar and 45 deg flybar are different animals altogether. BThirsk knows the technicalities far better than I, but IME the 45's handle more forgivingly but with less precision.
Yes, have personally flown a 450CP with pitch set to 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 : (and seven deg also). the handling seemed a bit easier but pretty mushy. Others have commented similarly on helifreak. To my mind, you lose all the advantages of CP, but gain few of the FP: however, YMMV of course with different CPs (and pilots!).
Any FB CP I have flown WILL require constant attention, regardless of setup. All my FP 450s will hover hands off (for a reasonable while, anyway). And go like a bat out of hell when it's needed .
Hope this helps
John.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz