View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by Dereck
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
HI Jed
Though I don't count myself as a 'Pro' by a long way, I've been into photography almost as long as RC and still recall one of the earliest and best pieces of photographic advice I ever read, to this day.

Forget the exact wording, but it went pretty much like 'throw away any photos you think might cause you embarrassement, before anyone else sees them.' That dates to when 24 photos were a serious financial deal - now we can take that many of one thing and barely fill the odd corner of the camera's memory.

I try and stick to it myself, still. Even if the shots I post hereabouts are taken on an old DLSR that is so ancient, its images download direct to hereabouts without my having to downsize them or take them at lower resolution.

Good shot of the masking tape holding bits down, BTW - masking tape various is good to have in the toolbox for all sorts of jobs, plus you can often buy it on the household budget and thus save aeromodelling money

I try to build all the bits more or less together. Stick something into the wing, go build the tailfeathers while the wing glue dries.

Mostly I need to get a move on, as the weather could change for the better.

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck