View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by FULLSCALE
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Nov 2004
171 Posts
NEU has rectified this. Note to all: use the repair form...

NEU has rectified this, sending me the motor with my gearbox and a new shaft. Thanks Steve for your reply here and throughout this forum, you make great motors and your company did me right, it just took a while, total time Nov-Feb 10th. I've since bought another Neu motor and will continue to buy them.

To be fair, I did not see the repair form, (I'd say it's fair to say it isn't easy to find) and just sent in the motor with a handwritten note describing what I wanted. This probably led to some of the confusion .
I had a 1110 with P22 4.4 gearbox and a broken output shaft. I sent the motor in with a handwritten "note with my contact information and the nature of the problem", that I wanted a larger shaft if possible, but if not replace with the same size. The motor got sent back to me without the gearbox and a 3.2 shaft, smaller than the original.

Here are the instructions on the repair page, I quit reading after it started talking about Medusa and Aveox. Should have read to the bottom...

"All repairs should be sent to the location below. Please remove any connectors or speed controllers from the motor. It will save us time and help us get your motor back to faster. Be sure to include a note with your contact information and the nature of the problem. Repairs usually take two to three weeks after the motor arrives here. We also can provide repair service for both Aveox and Medusa brand motors. If calling about repair status please do so between 9am and 12pm PST. Please download and use this form when sending motors back for repair or service: Service Request Form.pdf"
FULLSCALE is online now Find More Posts by FULLSCALE