View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by edalpoe
Joined Aug 2002
42 Posts
The build continues and the fuselage is getting assembled. In the first picture you can see where I've notched the top for clearance for down elevator travel. Construction is straightforward so there isn't much to describe. For the most part I use Titebond wood glue for this type of assembly. It dries reasonably fast and I've never had to cut myself off of the model using it. Also it doesn't bother me like the fumes from CA sometimes can. In picture 3 the two sides are taped together and marked for drilling the dowel holes. The masking tape did double duty, holding the parts in alignment and preventing chipping when the drill breaks thru the far side during drilling. Pictures 4 & 6 show what you can do with all those old trophies that are collecting dust. Take the marble bases off and scrap the rest because the bases are good building squares and weights.

Next I'll add the top rear cross members and then sheet the bottom. With the back section good and stable, it'll be time pull the front together and get the firewall installed. I plan on leaving the top open until the radio installation and control linkages are complete.

All the other builds in the build off are looking great. Nice work guys!

Mark
edalpoe is offline Find More Posts by edalpoe