: Build Log
88" Tiger Moth SPAD 1st Build!
View Single Post
Feb 15, 2013
, 02:59 AM
Young Poor and Fun
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2012
i worked on the plane for another few hours tonight (til midnight). I made my goal to attach the bottom of the fuse. It was a bit tricky as it bends around the aerofoil shape where the wing connects. I had to make more cuts on the holes where the front connectors on the wing go into the fuse bottom but other than that it went pretty smoothly.
As I write this I realize I just sealed in the aileron servo extension that connects the servos to the receiver without putting it through the bottom. Oops. That'll be some time to fix.
I've also made some progress on the front of the airplane. I think I'm going to go the easy, ugly route and just make a cone and tape it in place.
As you can see the strings have become loose over the months of it sitting. The airplane sags a bit (see image) I'll be re-doing all the string as well as re-taping the leading edge connection of the wing ribs.
Next goals: Finish the front and make landing gear w/ skis.
I'd really like to have this bird up in the air before the snow melts.
Hopefully I'll have more progress tomorrow.
View all Images in thread
There's a slight sag in the airplane because the rigging is loose.
The plan was to not have to change anything in here. it's sealed up now.
This is what I saw before I sealed the bottom. Note the loose aileron extension cable.
Working on the "cowling"
The bottom lined up really well. It's very rigid.
This is the bottom. I still have an exposed battery / esc hatch. I'll add a Velcro coro piece to seal the deal.