Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by hogflyer
Master of the Figure "9"
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Dec 2005
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Well after cycling it a few times it isn't holding as great as I'd hoped. This is a Skysport 6A radio bought in 1995, the battery is pushing 20 years old so I ordered a new one. Ordered new RX /TX batteries, an Avistar Elite, new glow igniter, new 12v battery some other misc stuff...
That Skysport 6A is a great radio - there's no reason at all to think about getting rid of it. I have one and have flow the snot out of it, and it's one of the most comfortable transmitters I've flown. Its never missed a beat - basically as bullet proof of a radio as you can get. If you want a new receiver for it, get the Berg 4 or 7 channel receiver (available through Tower Hobbies or direct from Castle Creations) - they are all full range and operate on 3vdc to 8.4vdc. I fly both receivers with my 6A, Futaba 7C and JR 6102 radios, and they operate like a PCM setup.

Canuck Engineering makes Eneloop transmitter battery packs, you can use a receiver battery withing the range of the receiver your using (2-cell LiFe or LiPo will work with a Berg).

Hogflyer
hogflyer is offline Find More Posts by hogflyer