A little more progress.....
I made up some wide sheets to cover the side of the fuse. I didn't realize there were some compound curves involved so I had to make the large sheets small again
Both sides done and now I can do the top and a couple of small pieces along the sides to form the sides of the cockpit.
The other small problem is the rigging of the tail caused the horizontal stab to warp somewhat. I don't know if you can see it in the photos or not. The center of the bow is at the flying wire attachment point. Too much tension on the bottom wires also pulled the back of the stab down in effect giving a little positive incidence. Or maybe a little wash-in would be more appropriate term.
Some of the photos are a bit blurry but I couldn't get my camera to take in the whole thing without focusing on the wrong spot.