Thread: Discussion Local Events Postings
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by timflight1
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
678 Posts
VAM Show/Auction March 3rd, 2013

The 29th Annual R/C Show and Auction is coming up fast. It will be held on Sunday, March 3rd, 2013 at Monarch Gardens in Appleton. Doors open at 9am with Auction/Raffle starting at 11:30am which means we should be done with cleanup activities by 2pm. Once again they will offer food/refreshments. We have over $2000 in raffle prizes this year and the prizes are still coming in. We have a number of vendors at the show this year including Galaxy Science & Hobby, our co-sponsor, Bad Brad Graphics, Big Sky Hobby and RotoFlow Fuel to name a few.

Open Items:
1) In another week or so I hope to be able to announce whether we can gain access to the building the night before or the day of the show. We will need a lot of help setting up tables and chairs.
2) We need flight simulators at the show for the public to use. Pete mentioned he would be bringing one (thanks Pete) so if there is anyone else than can bring one we would sure appreciate it. (Jason are you out there..?)
3) One of the distinguishing components of our event is that it's a show and auction meaning in addition to the swap meet/auction, we want to have models on hand for the attendees to view. These do not need to be show planes so I encourage everyone to bring a model to put on display. Every participant in the static model display is eligible to receive a raffle ticket for a special raffle for those that have models on display. Only one ticket will be given even if you display more than one model.
4) We need your marketing help. Please print off flyers from our club website and hang them up at work or distribute to your friends and family. This is the club's major fundraising event for the year and it's important for the health of the club that we have good member participation. This event is considered a mandatory event for club members so we hope to see everyone there this year.

If anyone has questions, feel free to post here or contact TR or myself.
Thanks,
Tim
timflight1 is offline Find More Posts by timflight1