View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:50 PM
Find More Posts by A10pilot
United States, TX, Schertz
Joined Mar 2006
1,894 Posts
RV Parking Update

Hello Everyone:

As Richard says, we only have about 2 more days until we have our Tri City Flyers Swap Meet.

I have had some posts here and some e-mails asking about RV parking on-site.Previously, I had posted that RV parking on-site was not allowed. Today we talked with the city of Garden Ridge, whose community center we use, and they will allow RV's to park overnight on Friday.

However, there are a few things they will not allow us to do and we ask that if you bring an RV, please observe these restrictions.

1. Please park on the upper level of the parking lot. This is the parking lot north of the building (furthest away from FM 3009 from which you entered the community center).

2. Please park in the north east corner of the lot.

3. We have been told that we are not allowed to "set up camp". By this the city means that we can not extend awnings or set up BBQ grills, tables, chairs, etc.

I hope this is helpful for those of you that want to bring an RV and I hope that this encourages you to come to our event.

Every year we try to get better and run our event more smoothly. In an effort to improve, this year we have a few new things/changes.

1. If you have pre-registered and reserved tables, when you come to pay your admission we ask that you please know what table(s) you have reserved.

2. When you enter the double glass doors, you will first be asked your table number and your name will be checked off our list. The next individual will ask you for the $5 (for one day) or $10 (for both days) admission. Once admission is paid a third individual will give you a color coded wrist band which we ask that you wear for the day(s) you are at the event.

3. We are asking that NO MERCHANDISE be brought thru the glass double doors where you enter to pay admission.These two doors will be for pedestrian traffic only. ALL MERCHANDISE must enter and exit thru the roll up door at the south end of the building.

4. This year we will use color coded wrist bands. We will have one color for those that pay admission for both days, a separate color for Friday admission/vendors only and another color for Saturday only admission/vendors. If you are staying for both days, please pay admission for both days and then on Saturday, you only have to show your wrist band and enter the building.

5. It is my intent to process those vendors that have prepaid for tables first. This means that if you do not have a tables(s) reserved, I am going to ask you to please wait for the pre-registered vendors to be processed first. We do have a waiting list for tables for Saturday and on Saturday we will process those that are on the waiting list in the order in which they contacted us.

6. We have sold all of the tables for Saturday and all but a few for Friday, however, we anticipate that there will be some no-shows. We have sent an e-mail to all that have pre-registered and ask that you please read it carefully. In the e-mail we stated that we reserve the right to sell a table if the individual that reserved it does not show up by 5PM on Friday or by 10AM on Saturday. If you are going to be late, please contact Rusty Koehler on his cell phone (number is in the first post) and advise him you will be late and we will hold the table. If you do not show and we sell your table, we will refund your money.

7. We have a limited number of outside spaces that will be available on a first come first served basis beginning on Friday afternoon.

I hope this information is helpful and informative and we hope to see you at our Swap Meet. We wish you a safe journey and we look forward to seeing you at the event.

Sincerely,
Ed Valls
President, Tri City Flyers
Event Director/CD
A10pilot is offline Find More Posts by A10pilot