Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,430 Posts
Throw me over and the ailerons too

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohersh View Post
AJ- thanks to you also, funny thing is that I'm the experienced guy just trying to help out my neighbor who is still tuning up his solo skills.This was the maiden, afte a thorough g I'm fully capable of flying this plane, which is why I was embarrassed at the field to have to put it down off in the distance twice in a row. This should have been a toss it and enjoy a lazy flight event.
I think you hit the nail on the head about those hinges. The foam (stock) hinges are a big hindrance to getting full movement. Put pin hinges on it and I am sure you will not have any problems with turning. BTW-Given your experience, I suggest that you just set the aileron throws to maximum from the start. This plane is a bit sluggish on turns (without any rudder) even with full throw. Several folks have put aileron extensions in addition to the full throws. I sure feel sorry for you for having to "land in the distance". I have done that a couple of times and I can identify with the embarrassment. Next time will be better - I promise.
AJ
P.S. Look for my video soon with a new ESC and LG setup.
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker