View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by SadSack
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestew View Post
Mode 2 is the normal way your brain works. It's the way real planes fly, flight simulators, video games, PTZ cameras, and every other normal joystick operated device works.

Lefties might find mode 1 a little easier since fine motor control is better in your dominant hand, and mode 1 lets them control at least one of the important controls with that hand.

All I can suggest is playing some flight or rc sims, or just any other normal joystick type activity. Breaking yourself of bad habits like funky control schemes is worthwhile in the long run.
Mode1 or mode 2 ain't a bad habit. you want fine control of the motor!??? There's a bad habit you need to break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestew View Post
AFAIK there's no 100% standard way of hooking those up. The center pin is the "wiper" and is what moves with the pot. Each side pin is on opposite sides of the resistor material. So basically the center pin moves closer or further away from each of the side pins, which gives more or less resistance.

You'll want to figure out what pins are going where. I can't quite see in the pics where the traces are all going. It's not necessarily the center pins you need to swap.
Thanks, I wasn't very clear in what I wrote.
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack