Thread: Discussion Before you buy a Nitroplane...
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by DustBen
United States, AL, Gardendale
Joined Dec 2011
2,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
I'm lost, why blame Nitroplanes for something manufactured by Sig? Nitroplanes didn't put it together did they? Did the pilot inspect the bird prior to flight? Why did he land that hard?
NitroPlanes nor Sig manufacture the ARF's they sell.

As a great example, Sig went thru a change in ownership about 30 months ago after the previous owner had health issues.
Under his stewardship, the company suffered greatly.

Local people in Iowa bought the company back from him.
In that time, I had contact with one of them. In discussions with him, he revealed to me that they did not know what planes would be available in their ARF series because they did not know what was available in China. In other words, they had to go there, find manufacturers that had models "close" to what they had in their kit line, and work out what would become the "Kadet", the "Rascal", et cetera, if they could even find stuff close to those models.

Just as several places in Asia build electronics for US brands (or now, Asian brands sold into America), there are several RC plane manufacturers in China. Some are cross tied into similar craft... making foam protection for computers... or foam models for America RC consumers.
Balsa model builders also build light-weigh, balsa and ply, "this and that" sold into who knows what interests.

Short answer. Sig doesn't build the ARF's you buy. NitroPlanes... and probably no brand sold in America is built by the company selling them.
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen