Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:48 AM
LcJ
Find More Posts by LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
6,197 Posts
Not trying to be offensive but it is technically called, "Growing up." As for your relationship with God, Paul seemed to have the same problem because he spoke of it so plainly in Romans 7. But our guide isn't Paul, it is Jesus and His example. He carried His Cross out of obedience and set the example.

Quote:
Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Telling every young person I ever employed that if they would remember that the prime reason they are working is for the satisfaction of actually having money in their pocket or purse. Later they learned that working is a blessing, not a curse and when your drive turns toward what it takes to make a living and afford a family, things might come into better order.

If it helps, my son is going through this also. He likewise is brilliant, but focus is his problem. Another problem he and I would imagine you have is summed up by this.

"As sure as somewhere the wind in blowing,
My mind is always and forever going,
Twisting and turning and playing its game,
Trying to assign to everything a logical name,
Being beckoned beyond your reason,
To think as God, is this treason."

Brilliance is something to be used a focused. You probably realize that many criminals are not lacking in mental horsepower. Your are beginning to write the story of your life and the ending is up to youl.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad