Thread: Discussion When did this happen?
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:53 AM
Find More Posts by MikeCr
United States, WI, Slinger
Joined Mar 2006
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_l View Post
Hello Mike,
so you've been flying models for many years (round of applause) what is the big issue with what someone calls the fuel??
And if they are NOOBS as you say in a derogatory manner, why not just correct them (politely) and teach them from your wisdom?
After all, even a very experience person like yourself had to start learning from scractch one day.

BTW, I am in my 50's and I honestly don't care what someone calls the fuel.
When I teach a student I focus on them understanding the parts of the plane and what the plane does in respond to a particular control input so that they can enjoy the hobby.

I dislike people who think that because they've been in a particular sport or hobby for X years it makes them better than their fellows.

Brgds,
Danny
I wasn't referring to those new to the hobby in a derogatory fashion. They're new and therefore don't know any better. I do however agree with the others who've said that it's most likely the marketing people that coined the term nitro because it sounds cooler and more badass.

The reason I have problem with it is because it's wrong. Look at the forum on here about converting to electric. Is it called Nitro to Electric? No, it called Glow to Electric. Glow is the correct term. Nitro is used to attract those that would otherwise be dis-interested, at least in the eyes of the marketing types.

Mike
MikeCr is offline Find More Posts by MikeCr