Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:45 AM
Find More Posts by dceng888
I can fly!
Australia, TAS, East Launceston
Joined Aug 2010
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
The swashplate is definitely dodgy, but with one of my HK ones, the peening method worked a treat. There is a piece pressed in to the underside of the swash, held in place by four or more points peened over, and it's possible for the factory to do that but not have the insert seated hard up to the underside of the top piece. Since the O.P's heli is new, and not yet flown, there's a chance that it suffers from this flaw. It can't be worn out, and it's highly unlikely that the manufacturer has their tolerances that bad that it could generate that amount of sideways play - so I suspect mis-assembly on the manufacturer's part. Trouble is tsakali is so anxious to get flying that he's in danger of destroying the evidence.....
By chance I noticed an increase in 'slop' in my swash so last night I stripped it down.

By drilling 2 1.5mm holes into the base of the swash assembly, going from the inside. One hole on either side I could put a rod in each hole and by crossing them over unscrew the base of the swash.

It's hard to explain but it is imposible to grip the base if the swash so by adding holes u could get a grip.

Anyway reassembled swash and by tightening it up more it has removed a lot of the slop.

How long should you expect to get out of a swash plate? I am up to about 75 flights.
dceng888 is offline Find More Posts by dceng888