Thread: Question Is this a good offer
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:09 AM
Find More Posts by easyrider604
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,400 Posts
If I were to do it all over again, I'd go with Lentar's suggestion.

2 practically indestructible Skyartec Wasp Nano CP helis and 1 NASA701 transmitter for $174 is a great deal for a great starter kit.

As it stands, I got two Skyartec Wasp X3V RTFs. Spent 15 hours on the FMS simulator before gathering the courage for first RC heli flight. Very slow learning curve. 43 flights and can only hover tail in, but happy to get the training ping pong gear off after 30 batteries.

Learning to fly helis is much tougher than learning to fly fixed wingers. My brain is working 100% every flight. Have to admit this brain learning to fly helis is 45 years older than when it learned to fly fixed wing

I did crash one on flight #31 resulting in minor damage and a part I don't have needs to be ordered. Got away from me on my first outdoor flight due to very, very mild breeze and hit a chain link fence.

Correction, at this point, I'd still order the 2 Wasp Nano CPs and transmitter, hoping for a faster learning curve. The X3Vs will have a rest when the Nano CPs arrive. No complaints on the X3Vs. They are every bit as the manufacturer said....a total heli noob can fly it. They just don't have the crash survivability of the Nanos.
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Last edited by easyrider604; Feb 11, 2013 at 03:43 AM.