Thread: Discussion Marblehead Racing
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:43 PM
Find More Posts by Dick L.
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,808 Posts
Not sure what businesses you have around you, but if any that ship, I would bet the U-Line will sell you boxes under the company name but at a cash sale. Well before my retirement, I set up a program at local U-Line for employees. They had to pick-up and pay, but got county govt. discount pricing. Sometimes just suggesting you have approval of a company but are paying cash will be sufficient to get them to drop price. Also check with FedEx (that is who I got a triangular box delivered with their logo) and you can also discuss a program for free boxes if you use their services. UPS and USPS provide, so it might be worth a try. Not sure if you wanted to get into "other" fabrication, but some white pine and some 1/4 inch Luan plywood and a brad nailer would get you a few from a 4x8 sheet of plywood. No reason the buyer couldn't pay a bit more for freight container. A lot depends on the beam and deck to keel dimensions to determine actual size needed - just tip a bit to fit. Biggest cost is that of Length+Width+Height which usually determines freight cost.

We are having "our" storm today/tomorrow, otherwise I would run in to (old) work to get name of our local U-Line rep to see if he could help.
Dick L. is offline Find More Posts by Dick L.