View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:53 AM
Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
United States, SD, Custer
Joined Feb 2011
6,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I just ordered the newer version of this boat from banggood.com. Cost $52, it was a daily deal. I realize this one is cheaper, but the FT007 has a 2.4g radio and a lion battery. May not need a lipo but I might have some that fit. This will be my first boat then I want to pass it down to my son and get a better one. I like the catamaran style. Hobbyking has a nice small on for $100 but it looks unstable at speed and can't take turns. Isn't deep V style better for rough water and turns? Why the different hull types?
This is the first boat we're going to carry. It's also self-righting. My business partner is running a 2S lipo in his without any problems (although it is winter in China). I have a few samples coming and will see what kind of modding can be done to her. Originally they came with 280 motors (which my business partner has and he's pretty impressed with it with that motor) but the latest ones have 370.

It's not going to be as impressive as my Super Mono X, but the straight shaft, 2.4 Ghz, self-righting, and low-maintenance NiMh battery should make it perfect for the beginner who prefers a high run-time-to-maintenance ratio and it's a big step up from the original 7009.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: MassiveRC ZMR PDB