View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:10 AM
Find More Posts by keithy4129
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKNEC View Post
Meter arrived today and what a difference temperature makes in measurement.
I had one lipo in the house and room temp was about 17 deg c and the other batts where in the garage so they where about 10 deg c.
Initial readings where high with not one pack below 33 mili ohms and most above 48.
Then after leaving them for a few hours with the central heating on I did the readings again and only one pack was above 30 and the rest between 25 and 30.
Individual cell readings showed there to be a 3 to 3.5 milli ohm loss due to wiring and connector.
Many thanks to Wayne for his advice especially on the temperature issue
When I can stand 22 deg I will have another go to see if there's any further reduction.
The batts are 2200 mah 25c 3s overlander.
They are approx 20 months old with many cycles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hethjo View Post
Hi, I need some advise please. I have a Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 25-35C discharge rate that is quite puffed. Per the meter the IR is 7.64, therefore true C=19. Then I have Lipos that are not puffed, a Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 20-30C discharge rate, IR 9.64, therefore true C=17 and Zippy 2200mAh 3S 20C discharge rate, IR 13.64, therefore true C=14.

I've often read that puffed Lipos should be disposed of, but the puffed one certainly appears to be in a better condition than the other two, is it fine to continue using it?

Regards

Hennie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Giles View Post
Hi Hennie,

I don't think there is a problem in continuing to use a puffed lipo.
Lots of people do so and report that they still continue to perform OK which would tie up with your IR readings.
The IR of all lipos increase generally with age so that you would expect the real
C rating to fall. When the pack is really at the end of its life, invariably one cell will rise dramatically in IR and that becomes very obvious in cell IR readings and in lack of performance.
I hope your meter has been useful.

Wayne
I have some hyperion 3s/4s 2200 45c batteries that have been squishy for close to two years, they have lost some capacity but they still put out decent power so i use them frome time to time with no ill effects.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129