Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:05 AM
Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
4,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
The flips on the videos look like autoflips, but I noticed the following in the manual (marked as page 10, the pdf viewer calls it page 7):
------------------------------------
8.2 Roll flight practice
4. Practice of throttle stick: when Q-Bot Micro roll from normal status, the throttle stick need to be pulled down slowly; push up the throttle when it exchanged normal status to roll. Please adjust according to personal skill level.
------------------------------------

This reads very much like quad throttle management on a manual flip/roll: reduce throttle when inverted, increase throttle when not inverted.
My 3 guesses as on why this might have been mentioned:
1. The Q Bot micro is capable of manual flips.
2. The auto flips could use some flip throttle management to help it along (though in the video, the flip occurred too fast for me to do any throttle management).
3. It is not needed (autoflip handles this) and Hobby King/Turnigy did a bad job of editing directions for a flip/roll.
I'll see for sure - ordered one - as I write it gets packed
I'll be glad if you are right and it offers manual flips, but I do not count on it.
The chinglish manual is less than useless as usual. You wouldn't recognise the difference if they would print that on the back of a pack of instant noodles...

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany