Thread: Build Log Trex 700e - MD500E
View Single Post
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:05 AM
Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,644 Posts
Nice. A comment about the lights and their function, though. On the tail, the red light should be the one that pulses to create the illusion of being a rotating light. You can vary the speed up and down a bit to suit your tastes. The top light is the white strobe that can be a single flash or a double flash. Those red lights on the top and bottom of the fuse have always puzzled me. I have found only two pictures that have a red beacon light on the top of the doghouse and not too many that are on the bottom but more than the top. One of the fellows that is in the LHS told me the criteria for the two lights to be there and I can't remember what it was. But FAA/TC rules want them there if something is blocked from view, I think. I had the same thing when I put them in mine but the boom light does exist on most of the TOW Defenders I can find. It's the bottom light that is rare but I did find one picture with the light actually on, lol. Those tip housings work really well. Nice job. Hope this helps.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger