Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by pomroyj
History Eraser Button?
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Aug 2010
1,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer421 View Post
Thanks for the detailed math John. My old maths master, 'Spider' Beck, would be proud to know that I understood all of it. And he wouldn't even let us use a slide rule or 'guess stick' as he called them, calculators would have given him apoplexy!.

I have seriously thought about adding ailerons and I think it would be possible to do it with a single servo in the fuselage but I'd like first to see how it flies with just rudder / elevator in case there is a weight issue. I could build a second pair of wings later with ailerons and the possibility of using them as flaperons to more closely simulate the STOL performance of the full size.

I'm feeling a little sad as I'm in the last stages of serious balsa bashing - just a few more bits of 1/8"square to complete the elevators then it's all down to sanding, doping, ironing and wire bending.
Mixer - Your doing a beautiful job on a wonderfully obscure project; it just oozes personality! Like my Fleester and Champion projects, I also really enjoy getting away from the mainstream birds. A 2nd wing with flaperon capability is a great idea.

I'm also always a little sad when I move beyond the framing stage; that part is always fun while presenting unique challenges, all good for the brain cells. What keeps me going is knowing how great it's all going to look during an overhead flyby with the sun shining through that translucent/transparent covering you put on.

Hang in there; covering always goes faster than you think. We're all with you in spirit and looking forward to the video, pics, and flight report

John
pomroyj is offline Find More Posts by pomroyj