Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:33 PM
Find More Posts by payne9999
Balsa&Tissue
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Jan 2011
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Allen View Post
Spoke to the guys at Horizon this morning and it seems the electric retracts I sent back work fine. It appears that there is a specific initialization procedure you must follow which, of course, isn't covered in the instruction manual. Although after speaking with the tech (Larry who was very helpful BTW) it seems Ron and I did all that.

In any case, received notice that they are on the way back to me today so when I get them Larry said to give him a call and he will walk me through whatever procedure is needed to get them to work. So hopefully early next week I can get the nose retract mounted and the nose of the fuselage done!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Brian,

If these are the servoless electric retracts they should just retract when you hit the switch and extend again when you move the switch back. I use them in two different planes and the reason I like them is they just work. I have some .60 size and some .25 size.

One question: Are you using a seperate BEC for servo power? These retracts can be power hungry and may stall if they don't receive enough current.
Dave
payne9999 is online now Find More Posts by payne9999