Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:22 PM
Find More Posts by arrowshooter
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in NH View Post
So I like the idea of a 450FP.
I have a F45, but like it enough for what it is to not want to sacrifice it.
I also have a V200D01 and Wk2801 Pro Tx that I love flying - it is so much faster, more agile and banks beautifully!
Iím thinking I could watch out for a used F45, I could just buy the required F45 parts, or I can get another Rx from Wow for my Wk 2801.
Iím leaning towards the Walkera option, but what does that mean in terms of making the heli FP?
Iím thinking I would go with the belt drive tail, but am not sure if I should go with the FBL head option that arrowshooter is outlining or stick with the F45 head conversion?

What would you do?
Get the receiver and keep the 2801 and go belt drive. One issue I am having though, is with the Walkera 2403Tx, 2437V Rx and Hobbywing Esc, I cannot get start up below 20%. I understand that I may also need to use a Walkera ESC since they set the end points at the factory. Doesn't make sense, but thats what I understand.

As for the rotor, it's up to you which way to go. Right now the F45 head is easier for me to fly because of the flybar. But as soon as I get the 2437 Rx/Gyro dialed in on the flybarless FP450 I may change my tune. It would be cheaper to by the extra F45 rotor parts, but the hardware (pins and bushings) are not available everywhere. Other side is the 450 flybarless head is a bolt on with no need to make a sleeve.

Decisions....decisions.

BTW, if you decide to go flybarless, I would suggest not getting the Align 450 DFC or the clone lookalike. The swashplate links are very week and will break when the blades hit the grass.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Last edited by arrowshooter; Feb 08, 2013 at 03:38 PM.