View Single Post
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by ryan dunford
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
Hey Guys...I am one of the lucky ones that has been fortunate enough to be part of the adventure that is Vaterra.

I have had the luxury to drive each of the vehicles and help with them as I could. I am a product manager at Horizon Hobby just so you know who I am.

Off the top of my head, the questions I've read, here are some answers...
Kemora - ton of fun, based off the mini 8 platform so it is super durable and very fast.

Kalahari - same idea. between the two, the tires on the Kalahari would be better for a little bit of grass but I dont know that either of them would do great in tall grass.

Twin hammers - it is a shift on the fly manual 2 speed tranny, it is a ton of fun. Even my Fiance likes it, lol and that is a huge stretch.

Glamis - yes, it really does go 55+MPH..on multiple passes, without a hill or tailwind, lol. We tested other brands and found these numbers to often be rather false and so we wanted to give real numbers. I have found recently I can fit a bigger pinion and still have more than enough torque to pop wheelies easily and go even faster...so much raw power and speed with this.

VTV - you are correct in that it is more like a limited slip with fluid friction plates, basically when it needs some diff action, it works, when you grab the throttle, it limits slip and thus for a 2wd vehicle, it makes the Glamis SUPER Fun, especially in sand. I actually couldnt beleive how much fun it is. I like the model(soemthing) guys video on it...he says its fast like 5 times towards the end of the video, haha.

Anywho, hope you all have a great day.
ryan dunford is offline Find More Posts by ryan dunford