Thread: Discussion Tail Rotor ESC for Airships
View Single Post
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by Ed Couch
North Richland Hills, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
1,913 Posts
Finally got the Castle Creations ESC for Cars in this case the Mambo Pro to work as we have discussed earlier. I used the computer program to set everything up as far as drag brake, punch etc as well as setting 100 percent braking for reverse. Test run same old same old. Good speed one way about 60 percent the other. Now for the kicker. I reprogrammed the ESC via the transmitter listening for the beeps and chims. Followed the exact same format as that used in the Hobby King unit only for the reverse breaking. Reset to 100 percent. I then set it back up on test unit. Hooked up amp meter in line and tested both directions for any varience. Nada, both directions running the same. I was showing about 14.5 amps with the set up I was using. The test assembly was a lower fin from a 20 foot airship I flew for a couple of years but is now in storage. Now I know how to go about setting up all the units I have operational and a couple of have in reserve. Thanks everyone for your comments and help.
Ed Couch is online now Find More Posts by Ed Couch