View Single Post
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:19 AM
Find More Posts by S2000442
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyT View Post
Thanks Mick - all taken on board. BTW - how much does it take to balance the V70 with a 3300 Batt pack - $1.40!! 7 x 20c pieces taped up and placed up in the nose space, LOL.
Equates to about 77g off the scales I measured with.

Am feeling a bit nervous now about tomorrow's maiden, but my instructor mate has confirmed the date and we are off to the sticks for some nice open space.

My first hurdle was fitting the wing in the boot of the Commodore - plane won't go in fully assembled. Will have to take the wing off and place through the centre console of the car....doh!

Anyway, s'pose there is not stopping whatever will happen now! Camera charged and ready. Transmitters and packs charged too - worst case I will have the Wing Wing and the 450 Pro to fly!

Ben
Even if you did not have all that lead in the nose it would still fly fine with a 3300. I have 4 pieces of 7gram lead and it flys fine. Just give it full throttle and a firm toss at a slight upward angle and you will be good. If you have a radio with launch mode dial in a little up elevator. I fly 70/30 expo on low rates and 100/30 on high rates. Good luck.
S2000442 is offline Find More Posts by S2000442