View Single Post
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:00 AM
Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
Happy Flying
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
374 Posts
When I join this thread I started some where in the middle so figure I needed to come up to speed as to what is really going on in this thread, so I started reading from the beginning this morning and realize that everyone is mod 450 clone and using F45 parts. So now knowing that it gives me something to do with this Trexx 450 clone I purchase 3 months ago from Value Hobby for $33. I first purchase a honey bee king 3 thinking after flying the F45 for a while it would be nothing to fly a cp heli well I was wrong about that. So now that I have this 450 Trexx clone maybe I'll try my hand at making it a FP 450 clone think my biggest problem will be making the rotor head work. Although I have read what arrowshooter did to make it all work. I would like to keep it as a belt drive. Think that the tail will be much faster then the stock F45 as my F45 tail motor is not fast enough for me when trying to get the heli to move backward. I manage to used my DX6i radio with the F45 by using the 4in1 mixer from the honey bee fp v2.

Would a belt driver tail rotor be just as fast as a direct drive tail motor on the 450 clone ? Reason I ask in thinking the main motor is spinning up pretty fast and all your really doing is changing the pitch tail blade. Also will it harder to a FP with the belt drive tail ?

Also want to say thanks to everyone that have answer my other post for help as I've only been into this hobby about 5 months now and have learn a lot in a short time manly from watching many youtube videos.
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun